This week my guest is Bobbie Pyron, who’s new middle grade book Stay was called “Timely, important, and truly beautiful” by Newbery Award winner Katherine Applegate.
Bobbie has worked in libraries and bookstores in North Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah and has been active in local animal rescue work for many years. She’s also the author of A Pup Called Trouble, A Dog’s Way Home, and Lucky Strike, among others. Bobbie lives in Ashville, NC, with her husband, Todd, and their dog, Sherlock.
**Note: this episode was recorded last month, before the COVID-19 situation changed dramatically. I know it can be jarring to hear a conversation from “Before”. But now more than ever, this is a book and a topic worthy of attention.**
You can also listen on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
To find out more about Bobbie Pyron you can visit https://www.bobbiepyron.com
Books Mentioned On This Episode:
Additional Information from Bobbie:
“The organization I volunteered with in Salt Lake City is no longer, but there’s a new one that’s doing the same thing: Street Dawg Crew of Utah. The national organization I mentioned is Pets of the Homeless
· The most recent (2017) national estimate of people experiencing homelessness in America is 553,742
· Approximately 34% live in place not meant for human habitation such as parks, abandoned buildings, cars, under bridges.
· 35% of people experiencing homelessness are families with children.
· 2.5 million children will experience homelessness this year in America.
· About 10-15% of people experiencing homelessness have a pet.
· PETS OF THE HOMELESS petsofthehomeless.org
· THE STREET DOG COALITION thestreetdogcoalition.org
· NATIONAL ALLIANCE TO END HOMELESSNESS endhomelessness.org
If you’re enjoying the podcast, please take a moment to subscribe. If you could also take a moment to rate and review A Bookish Home on iTunes to help people find the show, I’d be so grateful.
What are you reading at home? Let me know in the comments or on social media @ABookishHome.
Stay safe and happy reading,
Laura Szaro Kopinski
Affiliate links are used in this post. At no extra cost to you, we may receive a small commission if you purchase something through the links provided.
Thanks for supporting A Bookish Home!